Sunday 13 September 2015

Humans of Shepherd's Bush No 4

"I was born in Shepherd's Bush at Queen Charlotte's hospital last week, so there's not much to say about my past.  But my future is very likely to be 100 years long, according to the statisticians.

In 2020 I will start primary school in Shepherd's Bush.  In 2027, twelve years from today, I will be starting secondary school and jumping on the bus all on my own.

I'll do my GCSEs (or whatever they will be called by then) in the summer of 2032 and will hopefully have discovered what I am best at and most interested in by then and can do my A Levels (probably five as my parents have already told me how clever I am many times in my few days of existence) in 2034.

No doubt my sister will have paved the way as to whether my parents are keen on me going to university or not. I couldn't say quite yet whether tertiary education is for me but let's assume it is - aim high and hopeful that I'll be able to afford the fees which I read in The Times yesterday will be £60,000+ by the time I get there. Maybe I won't bother.

I'll probably have to get a job by say, 2040 (allowing for a year out travelling the lands beyond W12 and time wasting at friends houses) and it'll be wonderful to remain living with my parents forever which is what is likely too. They seem to worship me so far and I can do no wrong so it won't be a problem.

I better go as I'm off for my first walk down Uxbridge Road. I haven't left Shepherd's Bush yet in my whole life. 

Maybe I never will?"

No comments:

Post a Comment