|Shepherd's Bush Green|
Shepherd's Bush was largely rural in character until it was swallowed up by the expanding western suburbs of London at the end of the 19th century. Since then, some of our main claims to fame include:
- The site of the 1908 London Olympics
- The site of the Great White City - London's biggest exhibition space until WW1
- Lime Grove Studios - the first film studio in the UK
- The main centre for BBC TV production
- Westfield, one of Europe's largest shopping centres
The Bush Telegraph offers a personal view on life in Shepherd's Bush. Read about the Campaign to Save Hammersmith Park, find out about our new Farmer's Market, see what's on at The Bush Theatre, find out the latest news on the future of Shepherd's Bush Market, and the Council's plans to upgrade the Goldhawk Road and the Uxbridge Road. Also read about free stuff to do in The Bush. If you would like to contribute a story about our neighbourhood, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.