Thursday 22 November 2018

Council Threatens the Shepherd's Bush Blog

Hammersmith Bridge - overdue repairs
This morning brought a little excitement to my inbox, being threatened by our Council for - according to them - getting Monday's story about Hammersmith Bridge wrong.

Russell Butt, a "Communications Officer" at LBHF, complained that my story is wrong, and that LBHF, far from postponing repairs to the bridge, is "actively trying to drive the works forward and keep costs to a minimum, so to imply the council has deliberately slowed them down is wholly inaccurate".

I suggested that they simply add their point of view to the comments section below the piece; after all, the whole point of a blog is that anyone can comment, and have their say.

Mr Butt didn't like that suggestion and insisted I retract or correct the article, or "I’ll have to escalate this."

Being threatened by a representative of LBHF is new to me, and rather exciting. What do they plan on doing? Sue me? Break my windows?

The Shepherd's Bush Blog offers a personal view on life in Shepherd's Bush. If you would like to contribute a story about our neighbourhood, email us at shepherdsbushblog@gmail.com. And don't forget to add your point of view to the Comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Next time your rubbish isn't collected.....You only have yourself to blame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Unknown...maybe LBHF will leave me everyone else's rubbish as a present

      Delete