Monday 7 October 2019

Humans of Shepherd's Bush - No 12

Kamal
"I cut hair at Hamada barber shop on the south side of Shepherd's Bush Green.

I grew up in Libya, where I married young and had a family; that's what was expected of us back then.

I left Libya in 2013, and since then I've been living in North London.  I got re-married in London and I have a four year old son.

I was raised a Muslim but I like to keep an open mind; I visited the Hindu temple in Wembley recently just to see what they are up to.

Most of my family still live in Libya. Things are very bad there; the country is lawless; they will even rob you at the airport.

Hamada Barner Shop
A man with a gun thinks he has power, and in a way he does, but not compared to a man who has a RPG.

My family in Libya won't leave. Libya is their country, their home. It is hard to leave everything - your home, your family - behind, even when things are very bad."

The Shepherd's Bush Blog offers a personal view on life in Shepherd's Bush. If you would like to contribute a story about our neighbourhood, email us at shepherdsbushblog@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment