Sunday 20 October 2019

Jane Alway's Montessori in Brook Green

The Montessori at Brook Green, also known as "Jane's School" is a wonderful nursery. I know this because both of my children went there, and they could not have been happier. As a parent, I could not have been happier either.

Run by the indefatigable Jane Alway, founder and head teacher, this Montessori has excellent, caring staff who take a keen personal interest in all of the children.

Their term reports are so detailed and thorough that you can't fail to be impressed by their dedication and concern. In fact, as a teacher myself, I am both jealous and slightly intimidated by the level of care with which their reports are written.  Would that I myself had the time and the patience to produce anything so thorough.

Child-centred learning
Jane Alway's Montessori is child-centred, in the way all Montessori schools are, but not in a vacuous or fluffy way.  Real teaching and learning goes on there, and I found Jane's frankness and openness in discussing my children's progress (or sometimes, the lack of it), refreshing.  Jane tells it like it is, in a way that every parent would welcome. If there is a problem, she lets you know, and helps find the solution.

Located next door to St Matthews Church, Sinclair Rd, W14, it would be hard to imagine a children's nursery that does a better job. Thank you Jane for taking such great care of my children - I owe you a great debt of gratitude.

The Shepherd's Bush Blog offers a personal view on life in Shepherd's Bush. If you would like to contribute a story, email us at shepherdsbushblog(at)gmail.com. And don't forget to add your opinion in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment